Cam-whoring with Hong Kong Celebrities

>> Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Now that I am in the world of bloggers and blogging, I also discover new words. Cam-whoring is just one of them.

Initially when I first saw this word, I did not quite understand it, infact I thought it sounded derogatory, something like like throwing yourself at men. Well. that's for sure whoring, anyway it just did not sound good. Ah...ha then I discovered more and it essentially just means showcasing photos of yourself and loading it up on the net.

An explanation from Wiki states this -

The term "cam whore" is also used to refer to individuals who post pictures or videos of themselves on the Internet to gain attention. The term disparages those who post pictures of themselves at inappropriate times or places, and usually implies self-absorption. This second usage of the term, deriding vanity and histrionics, is overtaking the prior, more intuitive definition. It is usually synonymous with "attention whore".

A lot of big words but essentially it means seeking attention by putting photos of yourself on the net. Whatever!! I decided to use this word appropriately and since I did feel like a cam-whore when I took the photos, and now that I have decided to post in on my blog, I felt the title was appropriate.

I have 2 set of photos whereby I was face to face with the HK celebs. Once in the airport and another at a dinner. But I have a story to tell on each occasion so be patience, I will be posting in the next few days. But just to prove, I am not kidding, let me show you my favourite photo.


Photo : Me and Roger Kwok Chun On

Sigh....sigh....sigh....I wish the moment was longer than just the click of camera. But it was wonderful while it lasted. He was such a nice guy too. :)

Watch our for more photos in my next posting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP