Sampuoton Fish Spa

>> Friday, November 28, 2008



I was pleasantly surprised. And trust me, I am not easily surprised. It was a lazy Saturday afternoon and I was given this free spa treatment by the company so I drove my way to Sampuoton Spa. Seriously, I had very low expectations when I walked in. Since it was a fish spa, in my mind it was like those fish spas that have mushroomed out at all the major shopping malls.

No big deal, fish biting at my legs ...been there, done that... and since it was a treat by the company, it would be a nice relaxing afternoon.

It is located at Merchant Square, a relatively new block of shops at Tropicana PJ. After a quick registration, I was taken inside.


Surprise # 1

The overall setting was very beautiful, despite a modest size, the decor was worthy of a mid to high range spa. It immediately gave me a calm and serene feeling. The was a big pool at the center for the fish spa. I guess it was the open unisex pool as there was 2 men sitting and chatting. Hmmm.... so is this where where I would be dipping my feet??






I was taken in to the ladies changing room. Surprise! Surprise! There was another pool of fishes inside and this is special just for the ladies. Naturally, I would be opting to dip my feet inside this private sanctury vs the unisex pool.
I was given a locker and inside there was 2 towels and a green kimono. My usher gave me a very nice swim suit (which I was thinking I should get it for myself) and she asked me to take a light shower before going to the pool. Hmm...at this point, I did not give much thought to why the swim suit or the light shower.

Surprise #2

Seriously, I thought I was only dipping my feet in the water. This was what I had experienced before in the other fish spas. After a few minutes of dipping my feet in water, the nice uhser came over and said, "You can get into the water now".

"What?? You mean this is not only for my legs. I am supposed to actually put my whole body in the water??" Ok..ok...after a second of hesitation, I braved myself and did it.

It is the same feeling, a bit ticklish at first but you will get the hang of it pretty soon.



Surprise # 3

I had other fish spa experience twice before. However, when I first put my feet into the Sampuoton fish pool, I could instantly feel the difference of the fish's bite. I asked my usher "hmm, the bite of the fishes feel different, where are the fishes from? She said "these are the authentic garra fura fishes from Turkey, as you may have heard there are many fake fishes from China out there"

Hmmm...I instantly remembered yukitee blog posting on the fake fishes from China.



Alright, I am extremely pleased with my authentic fish experience now. The best thing was that I had the whole place to myself at the time I was there. It was lovely! Naturally, I started snapping photos of the place and the fishes. I was having a great time and I was thinking I would definitely be coming back real soon.



Nice...nice....everything turned out better than expected. After 30 minutes of the fishes feeding on my body, I was asked to take a good shower before my massage. Haaaa.......the shower was fantastic and then I wore my very nice and comfy green kimono.

I was ushered into the lounge area for some hot tea while my massage therapist prepared the room. I was ushered into a nicely decorated room and enjoyed a good one hour of aromatherapy massage. Bliss!


After one hour, I was again ushered out into the lounge and served again with some hot tea. Apparently, Sampuoton is working with the Malay Tea House by Forest Institute of Malaysia (FRIM) to revive the ancient art of Malay tea drinking. They also have 18 varieties of organic tea on sale.

I decided take my time at the lounge and read some magazine before I left.

Surprise #4

My earlier usher came over and asked what I wanted to eat from a list of menu she was showing me. "AHH...you mean food is also included in the package?" Cool!! There was a list of light food like spaghetti, sandwiches, fish fillet, hash brown etc....

As I was deciding, Sherena from the front desk came over and recommended me to take the fish fillet with rice. I gladly went with her choice and it was definitely the right one.



Sherena sat down with me and asked me how was my whole experience. I glad complimented the place and the experience. I proceeded to ask her about the packages available.


Long story short....it was an unexpected surprise at Sampuoton Fish Spa and I must say it was a really lovely experience. I ended up spending an additional RM1000 on a spa package. It's my mom's birthday so this will be a nice present for her and myself too :)


The Sampuoton Spa
No. B-G-23 & 23A, Merchant Square
Jalan Tropicana Selatan 1
47410 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor

Tel : +603-7885 0691

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP